Duration: 8M 12S Likes: 362 DisLikes: 8 Rating: 9.78 / 10
Views: 34037 Description: This easy recipe makes super yummy addition to any occasion.
1. 60g (2 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
2. 50g (1.76 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
3. 100g (1/2 cup) (3.5 oz) caster sugar
4. 60ml (1/4 cup) (2 fl oz) hot water
5. 50g (1/3 cup) (1.76 oz) plain flour
6. 40g (1/4 cup) (1.4 oz) self-raising flour
7. 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
8. 1 egg
For chocolate mousse:
1. 400g (14 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
2. 100g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
3. 750ml (3 cups) (25 fl oz) thickened cream
For chocolate glaze:
1. 200g (7 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
2. 185ml (3/4 cup) (6.2 fl oz) thickened cream
3. 2 tablespoons liquid glucose
1. Preheat oven to 160C (320F). Release base of a 22cm (8.6 inch) (base measurement) springform pan. Line with baking paper. Secure in pan, allowing edge to overhang. Grease side with melted butter.
2. Melt chocolate, butter, sugar and water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat. Stir in flours, cocoa and egg. Pour in pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
3. Cool cake completely in pan. For mousse, place chocolates in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the water touch the bowl). Stir for 3-4 minutes or until melted and smooth.
4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Use electric beaters to beat cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold a third of the cream into a chocolate mixture. Repeat twice until well combined.
5. Spoon mousse into the pan. Tap on the bench a few times to remove any air pockets. Use a spatula to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to chill and set.
6. For the glaze, combine chocolate, cream and glucose in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over mousse. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set. Serve cut into wedges. Makes 12 serves.....