Duration: 2M 4S Likes: 1028 DisLikes: 118 Rating: 8.97 / 10
Views: 666416 Description: NEWS: http://forum.samods.org/index.php?topic=11282
One of the oldest mods in community (in production since 2002), intended to feature a full-scale single-player campaign in combination with a complete conversion of all five races as well. We aim to combine top-level technical work (unit model, skins, sounds) and a balanced unit set with an intriguing, character-driven story and challenging single-player missions.
- The multi-layered plot closely follows the events of Warcraft I and II, but at the same time interweaves them into an entirely different story;
- The epic conflict is shown through the eyes of characters who just try to find their way rather than becoming great heroes;
- Along with known 'old friends', two new races are introduced, ones never seen before in the world of Warcraft: the enigmatic Shadow Elves of the Aether Cult, worshippers of an Old Goddess; and poweful Stygians, an ancient race of sentient machines, the arch-enemies of both the Burning Legion and Naaru;
- The story takes a step from standard fantasy cliches, to unexpected plot twists, slightly more mature content (it doesn't refer to anything breaching PG-13 rating limit, however) and overall darker atmosphere;
- Plot is approved by Warcraft lore specialists and has no contradictions to Blizzard canon.
- Various missions have various gameplay style, ranging from typical B&D to heavily triggered special events;
- Four playable new races are available both in campaign and multiplayer (Orcish Horde, Ironforge Alliance, Quel'Thalas and Aether Cult);
- Two more races are playable in the campaign (Stygians and Burning Legion), as well as various sub-races such as Dogs of Wars, Red Dragonflight, and more;
- Many new units resemble ones from good old Wacraft I/II: Death Knight, Warlock, Cleric, Dragon Rider and many more, but there's a great number of brand new ones as well;
- Completely reworked balance, introducing a variety of new tactics.
- Each race has a unique visual style;
- Every single new unit has a new model, including many custom ones made from scratch;
- Most units have new voices too;
- Hundreds of new doodads;
- Overall level of graphics is higher than in original Warcraft III, with increased polycount and better quality textures (but still fitting into the limits of Warcraft III engine)
- HoS features exclusive model work from grand masters such as Jigrael and Stuffkikker.
As of 11th February, 2007:
Maps (terrain): 85%
Maps (triggers): 10%
Races concept: 99%
Unit data: 85%
Open beta release scheduled on spring '2007.
Official Site : http://hos.samods.org/story.html
Forum : http://forum.samods.org/index.php?board=14.0....